It’s more about the category than the actual pieces chosen (though these are all stunners for fall into winter). Think about filling out or updating your collection with one new piece per quarter. 2 1/2 years and presto, you’ve got it all!
Fall ’10 Top 10:
1. Diamond Studs for everyday
2. Double Drop Earrings from cocktail parties to weddings
3. Vintage Brooch to perk up that sheath dress
4. Tangled Pearl Necklace over a cashmere crew neck
5. Collar Necklace peeping out of a white button down
6. Stacking Bangles when you’re running out the door
7. Large and In Charge Cuff day to night
8. Over-sized Watch for everyday
9. Statement Cocktail Ring enough said
10. Hammered Band for everyday
Frosting should be relegated to fingers and above. I have never met anyone who says their ankles are their best body part (even Jenifer Aniston), so why highlight that region in the summer OR winter?
And why did Jimmy Choo have to go here…for $800 no less?
If you really must push the envelope, try out these similarly odd picks for your upper half: a squirrel necklace and studded two finger ring.
A hot topic as of late seems to be how creative professionals can find the right balance of yin (polish) and yang (pizzazz) when dressing a little more casually for work in the summer. Neutral Theory pieces combine to make the perfect canvas for showcasing an individual point of view through jewelry. On your next half-day or dress-down Friday, you can’t go wrong with this recipe:
1 part shapely stud earring + 1 part necklace pouch + 1 part wrap bracelet watch