More like Ode…she’s one lucky lady. Love the sold out Issa London dress. Love the ring. Love it all. I think this is a refreshing reminder that all of the leopard, serpents, chunky monkeys (just wanted to write that) and over-sized CZs might be on their way out. Do I hear a new Frost Yourself collage a calling? It’s sure to be chock full of refined and timeless jewels fit for a Queen. Kabash on all that bad karma talk.
It’s more about the category than the actual pieces chosen (though these are all stunners for fall into winter). Think about filling out or updating your collection with one new piece per quarter. 2 1/2 years and presto, you’ve got it all!
1. Diamond Studs for everyday
2. Double Drop Earrings from cocktail parties to weddings
3. Vintage Brooch to perk up that sheath dress
4. Tangled Pearl Necklace over a cashmere crew neck
5. Collar Necklace peeping out of a white button down
6. Stacking Bangles when you’re running out the door
7. Large and In Charge Cuff day to night
8. Over-sized Watch for everyday
9. Statement Cocktail Ring enough said
10. Hammered Band for everyday
Whenever I go home, I have the opportunity to play dress up with some finer pieces that have been passed down from one generation to the next in my family. This time it was all about the natural pearls that emigrated with my great-grandmother from Germany during WWII. The pearl and diamond necklace and earrings are spectacular for their craftsmanship and timeless designs. Nevertheless, it’s knowing that they are heirlooms that help tell the story of the Holocaust, and my family’s love of art and perseverance, that is most meaningful. Here we are wearing the same earrings, 30+ years apart.
And here, the clasp on the necklace was originally my great grandmother’s engagement ring. As a piano teacher, she really got to show off her panache!
I’d love to hear your heirloom stories. Please email me at email@example.com for the chance to be featured here.